Will Smith plays con men extremely well, so this is a perfect fit. Add his easy on-screen chemistry with Margot Robbie and we are treated to a colorful, action-filled R-rated (language and sexual situations) romance that keeps us scratching our heads even as we giggle with delight. We can see there is no safe place for a "mark" in a crowd and that conning is BIG business!
Co-writers and co-directors Glenn Ficara and John Requa ("I Love You Phillip Morris") bring their goofy skills, clever cons and unexpected plot twists to keep us surprised and entertained.
- Will Smith ("After Earth") Nicky teaches the science of trust. We believe him even while KNOWING he's a con man, that's how good he is! He may have one weakness...
- Margot Robbie ("The Wolf of Wall Street") Gorgeous Jess is eager to copy the best. She learns how to pull her mark's focus from his watch or his wallet so she can lift it undetected.
- Rodrigo Santoro ("I Love You Phillip Morris") This wealthy (and handsome!) South American industrialist specializes in Formula 1 race cars. He has a lot riding on a newly developed fuel.
- Robert Taylor ("Longmire") Aussie McEwen wants to get his hands on that new fuel and will pay any price for it. This Australian actor has successfully portrayed an American lawman, Longmire, on TV for years; I've watched it and never suspected he wasn't American.
- Gerald McRaney ("Longmire") Ownes is a partner in that Formula 1 race car venture, but he has a suspicious nature....
- BD Wong ("The Normal Heart" and "Law & Order, SVU") Liyuan is a gleeful gambler. He will take a chance on ANYTHING!
- Adrian Martinez ("American Hustle") Farhad is our hero's unlikely but indispensable right-hand man.
As you see, all the pieces are in place for a romp through glamorous international surroundings, high-fashion clothes and witty repartee. There will be some physical violence and an unexpected gunshot; that's what makes it unpredictable and I LIKE unpredictable.