Here is Maternal Instinct run amok! When Tina Fey's character was much, much younger, she secretly gave up a child for adoption. Now she might have run into him: She's an admissions officer at Princeton and he is a brilliant student from an alternative school, trying for admission.
- * Tina Fey ("Date Night") is the admissions officer, up for a big promotion and down for the count with her 10-year live-in lover.
- * Nat Wolff ("New Year's Eve") is that would-be student, an autodidact (self-taught) candidate under the scrutiny of the admissions committee.
- * Paul Rudd ("This is 40") is the student's faculty adviser, a much-traveled do-gooder who will be off for Uruguay next.
- * Lily Tomlin (Lots of TV) is Tina Fey's mom, a militant feminist. If you don't believe me, just watch her with a gun!
- * Wallace Shawn ("A Late Quartet") is the Dean of Admissions, dangling that possible promotion over our heroine's head.
- * Gloria Reuben ("Lincoln") a paragon of an admissions officer, practically perfect in every way. She is our heroine's main competition for that promotion.
- * Michael Sheen ("Frost Nixon") is that 10-year live-in lover. He bails in the first few scenes, so he had very little to do other than treat her like a pet puppy.
This goofy little bit of social commentary is directed by Paul Weitz ("About a Boy") so you can expect a better than average comedy, no sweaty bodies, love-making only alluded to,no gunshots (Lily Tomlin never fires that gun), and absolutely no blowie uppie stuff.
Be prepared for an unexpected twist or two, and a pleasant tim