Here's a great idea: Create a fake family to smuggle a large amount of pot from Mexico in their family RV. No one would suspect THEM! And these poor simpletons end up with enough marijuana in their vehicle to kill Willie Nelson.
This is one of the funniest (and most profanely vulgar) movies I have seen in a long time. Yes, it's predictable but we were surprised and delighted at every twist and turn along the way. Director Rawson Marshall Thurber ("Dodgeball") made each actor genuinely attractive. I have never found Sudeikis or Aniston so appealing, while Roberts impressed me with her comic timing, and Poulter is in a league of his own.
Here are the amateurs (and the professionals):
- * Jason Sudeikis ("Horrible Bosses") is an amateur smuggler; in real life he's a low-end drug dealer, a holdover from his college days.
- * Jennifer Aniston ("Wanderlust") is an amateur smuggler; in real life she's a professional stripper. The choreography for her dance is clever.
- * Emma Roberts ("Hotel for Dogs") is an amateur smuggler; in real life she's a street kid who robs newspaper vending machines.
- * Will Poulter ("Son of Rambow") is an amateur smuggler, in real life he's a dorky student whose mom left for groceries...last Tuesday. (This actor is British!)
- * Ed Helms ("The Hangover") is a professional drug kingpin who isn't above a "smidge" of lying and cheating. He's so rich he bought an orca, just because he could.
- * Nick Offerman (Lots of TV) is a vacationer in a huge RV just like the one our "family" uses.
- * Kathryn Hahn (Lots of TV) is his wife.
- * Luis Guzmán ("The Count of Monte Cristo") is a federale who is just looking for a bribe...sorta...
This silly (but funny) set-up has some deplorable moments with blink-and-you'll-miss-it male nudity, crass humor, lots of profanity, several gunshots, no blowie uppie stuff, and a laugh a minute. Oh...and a tarantula!