Clearly the first "" made money so here we are again! Director Tim Story has brought back some of the old gang and signed up some new faces. The scriptwriting team is once again headed by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi.
Our wannabe cop wants to ride along with his soon-to-be brother-in-law in hopes that he too, might make the grade. He has a hot tip about an important witness in Miami who might be just what he needs to be taken off probation and sworn in as a "real" police officer.
- * Ice Cube ("22 Jump Street") returns as James Payton, a no-nonsense policeman who is the real deal. He IS touchy about his sister's choice for a husband.
- * Kevin Hart ("Get Hard") Motormouth bungler Ben Barber is hot on the trail of that witness but he keeps seeing hydrangeas in the plans for his upcoming wedding, which is a distraction for a person who has problems focusing.
- * Tika Sumpter ("Get On Up") Gorgeous Angela Payton can't convince Ben that her wedding planner's ideas are better than his so she talks her brother into taking him along to Miami so she can finalize those wedding plans.
- * Bruce McGill ("Rizzoli & Isles") Lt. Brooks wants that witness from Miami to testify against a drug kingpin. He sends his best man (Payton) and forbids Barber to go.
- * Benjamin Bratt ("Justice League") Antonio Pope is a prominent Miami citizen known for his generous contributions to civic enterprises. Where does he get all that money?
- * Ken Jeong ("Dr. Ken") A.J. is a computer hacker extraordinaire. Plus, he listens in on phone conversations. Consequently, his life is in jeopardy.
- * Olivia Munn ("The Newsroom") Maya is a capable police officer with the Miami PD. They are trying to shut down a major importer of illegal contraband. She's by the book, so Ben bewilders her as he ricochets onto the scene.
SPOILER ALERT: I was sorry to learn that the only incident that made me laugh out loud is included in a trailer. ...sigh...